The emergence of reliable and open virtualisation systems has allowed in the last few years the design of novel platforms in support of the virtualization of communication network and service functions and their dynamic orchestration. Functions such as those of the cellular core and radio access network, as well as cloud and edge computing application servers and transport functions become objects that can be dynamically resized, placed, duplicated for both system computing (CPU, RAM, storage) resources and network interconnection (spectrum, link, switching) resources. This evolution rises important algorithmic and protocol challenges related to the definition of adequate network orchestration models and platforms offering good efficiency, stability in state learning loops, and modeling precision.
The workshop will deliver scientific communications and presentations, with the following topics of interest (but not limited to):
- resource allocation for slices;
- 5G network orchestration;
- network automation architectures and protocols;
- optimization of network slices, VNF placement problems;
- service function chaining problem;
- dynamic reconfiguration of networks–business layer for network slicing.
Presentations are welcome under one or many of the following formats:
plenary presentation describing a recent contribution, or a panorama of challenges of a well-defined domainno longer available
- prototype demonstration or proof of concept;
- poster describing preliminary or established works.
Deadline for the plenary presentation propositions : February 28, 2020 (attention: first in first served policy).
- Deadline for poster and/or technical demonstration propositions :
May 15, 2020Nov. 15, 2020 (attention: first in first served policy).
- Submission of proposals and workshop registration through this form.
Option to propose plenary presentations : the option remains open only until February 28, 2020.
- Option to propose posters and demos : the option remains open only until
May 15, 2020Nov. 15, 2020.
- Option to book a seat in free taxy van shuttles from Gare de Lyon, Montparnasse, Nord/est. More information at this page.
- Registration deadline :
May 15, 2020Nov. 15, 2020
with the support of members of the ANR MAESTRO-5G (Management of Slices in the Radio Access of 5G Networks) project.